Mold Removal and Remediation
Dryfast's Mold Damage Restoration and Mold Removal Standard in 9 steps
1. Initial Inspection
Our certified technicians thoroughly inspect each area of the property, searching for mold signs, carefully and each area of concern as it relates to existing mold, water intrusion, open windows, possible leaks, foundation cracks, exterior/ siding or stucco damage and excess moisture. In the event existing mold is discovered, a detailed proposal for mold remediation including full protocol will be submitted for customer approval.
2. We are specialized in finding the source of the mold damage.
In most cases we figure out what caused the mold contamination out of the 3 possible situations.
3. Containment Barrier.
Set up containment barriers to isolate the work area from occupied spaces using plastic 6 mil poly sheeting sealed with restoration grade duct tape. Ventilation air ducts, vents, returns, if any other content is left in the remediation area we will be sealed off as well. HEPA air filtration scrubbers are used to generate negative air pressure to prevent cross contamination of adjacent areas. These HEPA air filtration scrubbers run throughout the remediation process to remove any airborne mold spores from the air in the work zone, Particle counter is used during the process to monitor air condition of the work area.
4. Mold Remediation Process
Ones the mold remediation protocol is established and approved we approach the mold removal process. Standard mold cleaning includes the following procedures: Removal of mold damaged material , for example if we have microbial/mold/ growth on the drywall, carpet, insulation, baseboards and any building material that has visible mold growth on it, except framing which is treated with mold remediation solution. All contaminated materials are treated using Benefect is the only EPA-registered Botanical Disinfectant. It is proven to eliminate mold spores of any type as well as synthetic disinfectants at over 99.99% of common bacteria, fungi, this mold remediation disinfectant can be used without warnings or precautionary statements on the label, that scare people if they have to be posted, so our clients do not have to worry about such a inconvenience ! Any black mold staining will be treated with Fiberlock IAQ 2000 is a phosphate-free, quaternary ammonium chloride formulation designed for use in a of buildings, both residential and commercial. Our mold remediation process follows all Environmental Protection Agency standards and guidelines for proper mold remediation.
5. Removal of Mold Damaged Materials
Any contaminated material that cannot be remediated will be removed and discarded (drywall, carpeting, padding, cabinetry, etc.). Loose material (insulation, dirt, debris, etc) is removed in sealed plastic bags and discarded at designated facilities. All mold containing material must be double bagged and taped while going through the clean areas.
6. Detailed HEPA Vacuum
Entire worksite is HEPA vacuumed during and after the mold remediation process. Detailed HEPA vacuuming is essential in order to comply with proper application of Fiberlock IAQ 2000.
Dryfast's technicians are trained and certified by IOT / Interactive Occupational Training/ and IICRC /Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification/. The use of HEPA vacuums minimizes the transference of collected particles. Special attention is given to all small cavities, walls and ceilings, as well as personal belongings when needed.
7. Personal Belongings.
8.Applying Fungicidal Protective Coating
if certain areas are most likely to get contaminated with mold, we strongly suggest that these areas are treated with antimicrobial solution that will provide continuous protection regardless of the weather conditions. Foster 40-20 Fungicidal Protective Coating, EPA registered anti-microbial is applied to all affected areas. Foster 40-20 Fungicidal Protective Coating is the industry's leading EPA registered, antimicrobial coating for HVAC duct systems with ten years of proven effectiveness. It is formulated to effectively prevent the spread of mold and odor causing bacteria on its surface in areas, such as walls, ceilings, pipes and interior/exterior surfaces of HVAC duct systems.This product is a polyacrylate copolymer emulsion specifically formulated for long-term fungicidal activity, with no loss of activity on aging. For properties with residents that are sensitive to chemicals we have additional products on our list, please inquire on product information.
9. Final Inspection
A detailed post mold remediation inspection is conducted throughout the mold removal area to ensure quality of the wok.
When comes to Mold Remediation 4 important steps are needed to find the right Mold Remediation procedure, each property has its own details, so individual protocol is written to each and every job.
- The first step to consider is to have Professional Mold Inspection performed / please see mold inspection page/ This step determines the source and the reason of the Mold related condition.
- Second step to proceed with the recommended Mold Remediation procedure, setting up containment around the affected area, installing negative air scrubbers, removal of the affected material, sanding, applying antimicrobial mold remediation solution / we use Sporicidin an EPA approved product for the state of California, a non toxic product that provides continuous protection.
- Air Testing sampling to ensure quality of work
- Issuance of Certificate of completion, and recommendation on how to maintain your property from now on to prevent mold contamination.
Result Driven Mold Remediation
At Dryfast we offer quality mold remediation services without the use of harmful and toxic chemicals, for residential, commercial and government properties. Proper mold remediation involves mold removal of growth areas as well as proper clean up of airborn and settled mold spores. We always perform mold remediation under full containment barrier preventing the spread of dust and mold spores.
Most of mold growth problems are typically found inside walls and ceilings as well in basements and crawlspaces, are not always visible, it is important to figure out the extent of the mold growth issue and its location. Mold spores are invisible to the naked eye and require a proper assessment and removal to avoid future mold re-growth, we recommend Air-quality testing in this situation in order to determine the condition of the indoor air quality.
This provides us with information on what areas are affected, the level of mold contamination and where the mold spores are in the home. Only with this information we can provide a reasonable quote and scope of work on mold removal.
Mold Assessment and Mold Remediation
This involves the return of the affected area to a 'normal' condition or fungal ecology similar to non affected indoor areas:
- Complete containment of affected areas including de-containment chambers;
- HEPA filtered negative pressurization of containment area;
- Removal and disposal of non salvageable building materials showing mold growth;
- Cleaning of mold growth and spores from salvageable building materials;
- Removal of airborne mold spores in the affected area via HEPA air scrubbers;
- Cleaning and removal of settled mold spores from contained area via HEPA vacuuming;
Lets remind everyone that only 1 in 20 companies that advertise on internet are LICENSED! and 19 companies are NOT LICENSED TO DO Mold Remediation! some will show you certificates, well, certificate is not a license! would you trust unlicensed Doctor, Lawyer, Broker?
That’s why we say knowledge is everything.
Always check for:
- License that match the company name,
- General liability insurance,
- Workers compensation insurance – if there is work related incident at your property and the person do not have workers comp insurance, you can be hold liable for the medical expense!
- Environmental Pollution Liability insurance- what if the company cause even bigger mold damage at your property? improperly installed containment, cross contamination, total house mold pollution? who is going to be responsible?
Serving The Following Areas:
Alameda, Alamo, Albany, Antioch, Atherton, Berkeley, Brisbane, Burlingame, Campbell, Castro Valley, Concord, Cotati, Cupertino, Daly City, Danville, El Cerrito, Fairfield, Fremont, Hayward, Healdsburg, Hercules, Livermore, Los Gatos, Mill Valley, Millbrae, Milpitas, Mountain View, Novato, Oakland, Pacifica, Palo Alto, Penngrove, Petaluma, Pittsburg, Pleasant Hill, Pleasanton, Redwood City, Richmond, Rohnert Park, Roseland, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Francisco, San Jose, San Leandro, San Mateo, San Rafael, San Ramon, Santa Clara, Santa Rosa, Saratoga, Sebastopol, Sonoma, South San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Union City, Vallejo, Walnut Creek, Windsor, Woodside;